While your condo association may provide insurance for the actual structure of your condo, it’s up to you to protect your belongings and yourself from liability.
New York condo insurance is a specific insurance policy designed to fit the unique needs of condo owners. Your condo association dues help pay for upkeep of the common areas but they do not typically cover your personal property within your own unit, or your liability if someone is injured on your property. Condominium insurance provides protection where condo associations do not.
So how do you determine how much coverage you need?
When considering the level of security you want to get from your New York condo insurance, you should ask yourself:
- What is the association’s responsible for insuring?
- What am I responsible for insuring?
- How much coverage do I need for my possessions?
- Do I have replacement cost or actual cash value coverage for my possessions?
- Are there policy limits for my valuables? Should I purchase more coverage for those items?
- Do I need earthquake or flood coverage for my unit or possessions?
With all these questions and varying degrees of liability and responsibility, it’s easy to feel a bit overwhelmed. At Alwex Insurance we’ll take the time to help you choose the best, most affordable condo insurance.
Contact Alwex Insurance today for more information about your New York condo insurance options.